Thursday, May 7, 2009

Welcome Sunshine!

Well, I have been working on this post for some time now and it looks totally different than it did when I started. I don't know why I didn't just junk it and start over from scratch. oh well.


The original picture meant to go with this post... (3 of the 5 in their rain boots ready for Wednesday night fellowship meal at church! Our 1st one since the babies so they were pretty excited! That and the idea of puddle jumping!!)

This post has now become about the sun that we have missed terribly over the past few days. Well, it's back! It was a BEAUTIFUL day today and we spent most of the morning outside enjoying the sunshine. Even the knee high grass didn't slow my kiddos down! that's right, knee high! See, it has rained here for too many days to count so we now have a a beautiful, green, lush and TALL yard full of grass!
My sweet babies were just so happy to breathe fresh air and soak up the sunshine they could have cared less if it was up to their arm pits!

Puddin was sooo sweet! Sometimes you just have those moments you want to freeze. Well, this was one of them. I was planting some tomato plants that have been sitting in the drive way all week when I took a break to check on the boys.

I opened the gate to see Puddin wading through the grass pulling the long pieces as she went.I asked her what she was doing and she replied,
"I'm playing Bible story mommy."
I still wasn't sure which Bible story she might be referring to so I asked her and she said,
"You know, the one where they pick up sticks in the field."
DUH! Of course I knew that one!!!
(I'm still not sure which Bible story she is talking about but my guess is Ruth and Naomi).

Anyway, it was super sweet and it made my heart smile to know that the Bible is real to her and she thinks about the stories she has heard all the time. She has a new found interest in mine and Hubby's Bibles. She has a few of her own and she loves them but we have read them cover to cover several times. Now she wants to hear "Jesus stories" from our Bibles. And seriously, our Bibles do not have pictures! How cool is that?!

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6

No comments: