Saturday, May 23, 2009

Strawberry Saturday

We had a BEAUTIFUL day! I am actually up to my elbows in strawberries right now so this is a super quick post.


Our Day in a nutshell...
We picked strawberries today and the kiddos had a blast! It was so fun!! Nana and Papa Flowers came to join us and I think we had as much fun as the kids did!


We went to a great place called Valley Home Farm ,
made our usual grand entrance,
met up with Nana and Papa,
picked a ton of strawberries,
ate a few strawberries,
had a picnic in the back yard, (yes, we did and it was great!),
ran into some good friends while we were there,
ate strawberry honey popsicles...yummmm...
wiped everyone off as best as we could but really needed a bathtub at that time,
then loaded the crew up to go home.

IT WAS FANTASTIC!

On the way home we let the kids watch Barney's Christmas Star.
I know- it's no where near Christmas but they love the movie and I wanted them to stay awake until we got home so they would all sleep once we were here... I'm always thinking about my nap time strategy! hehe! Anyway, it worked!

We brought them in, gave them a bath and put them to bed! They slept until 5:45!!! Wow! Their little legs were so tired from all the walking!

After they were up we ate pizza, played a little and tried on new bathing suits.. them, not me,
played a little more,
read a few books then back to bed for the night.
They were pooped!


Which leaves me here, up to my elbows in strawberries!

I'll post pictures tomorrow!



Oh- yeah- I almost forgot, Monkey Do has now taken a liking to his sister's new pink tiara. I've never seen him run so fast as he did this afternoon. He had the tiara gripped in his pudgy little hand and his cup of milk in the other, running fo rdear life as Puddin chased him screaming, "THAT"S MINE!!!!!!" More good times!

No comments: