Webster's dictionary has several definitions of balance. Who knew?
Bal´ance Pronunciation: băl´ans
n. 1. An apparatus for weighing.
2. Act of weighing mentally; comparison; estimate.
A fair balance of the advantages on either side.
3. Equipoise between the weights in opposite scales.
4. The state of being in equipoise; equilibrium; even adjustment; steadiness.
And hung a bottle on each side
To make his balance true.
The order and balance of the country were destroyed.
English workmen completely lose their balance.
- J. S. Mill.
5. An equality between the sums total of the two sides of an account; as, to bring one's accounts to a balance; - also, the excess on either side; as, the balance of an account.
I still think the balance of probabilities leans towards the account given in the text.
- J. Peile.
6. (Horol.) A balance wheel, as of a watch, or clock. See Balance wheel (in the Vocabulary).
7. (Astron.) The constellation Libra.
8. A movement in dancing. See Balance, v. t., 8.Balance electrometer
a kind of balance, with a poised beam, which indicates, by weights suspended from one arm, the mutual attraction of oppositely electrified surfaces.
(Zool) See Hammerhead.
My favorite? #8 a movement of dancing.
Kind of like life, hunh?
If I were going to get all deep and spritual here, I definitly could but, I think I'll just leave it at this. Life is about balance. And that is hard.
Balancing life as a wife, mommy, sister, daughter, friend... just hard. Add to that daily responsibilities like bible study, work, house keeping, etc....yep, it's hard.
Does everyone get an equal share?
No. Sadly, they do not.
Most days all of those responsibilites are not met. Some of them, but not usually all of them.
I'm working on being ok with that and choosing which is the most important at that time.
All that to say, I'm seeking balance.
And that includes life on this little blog.
So, since this was started with a duel purpose of sharing with family far away, and to help with the financial side of raising a big family I will work very hard to start bringing back more posts on the design aspect of the blog. There will still be lots of stories and pictures of our lives but my goal is to post more of the Puddin Pop Kids too.
Balance. Anyone feel like dancing?