Thursday, November 5, 2009

Big Boys

Yesterday we met up with Kate to shoot the babies 6 month session...
I know, they were 6 months old 2 months ago.
We've been busy.
Anyway, we met at The Oaklands Mansion, a beautiful place I've blogged about
before.
Also the place I had my bridal portrait made waaaay back before babies.
It's just such a beautiful place and I love going there every chance I get.
Especially in the fall.
Have I mentioned it's beautiful yet?
The leaves were gorgeous!!! And they were everywhere!
The sun was shining, the temperature was perfect and I kept thinking, "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!"
And I was.

Surprisingly, I was also early today so I had a little time to shoot some pics of my big boys playing before Kate arrived.

The boys were precious. Absolutely precious.

It's so hard to believe they are 2 years old! But watching them play football and run in the leaves I had visions of them in just a few short years, as teenagers, doing the same thing! Oh my, how I hope time slows down a bit. Doubtful, I know, so I have to just savor every moment with these sweet, precious boys and let them know each day what a gift they both are.

After we got home I looked at the pictures of them as they chased each other and played football, it hit me.

They are big boys.
They are big boys that put on their own shoes now.
They are big boys that run into counter tops they used to walk under.
They are big boys that throw and catch a ball, accurately!
They are big boys that love to help their momma every chance they get.
They are also big boys learning new boundaries.
They are big boys learning to play and explore on their own, without guidance from their sister.
It hit me hard.

Just another reminder of what the sweet stranger said the other day... the days are long but the years are short. So, so true.

Monkey See and Monkey Do November 2007



Monkey See and Monkey Do November 2009

Monkey Do

Monkey See and Monkey Do


Monkey See



Monkey See's got the ball!!


Monkey See in the distance and Monkey Do in the foreground.
BTW- the babies pics are going to be beautiful! They both did a great job and I'll share those as soon as I can!

No comments: