Monday, August 8, 2011

Toddler, Preschooler, Mommy Torture

She's torturing me. Seriously.
Why does she have to go and grown up?? *sigh*
Puddin has decided she wants her ears pierced. double*sigh*
Why does she want to do this to me? After all, she does have perfect little five year old ear lobes! Why mess up a good thing?
All I want her to do is stay little!! Yet, she continues to grow up right before my eyes! She even went and enrolled for Kindergarten! the nerve!
can you tell I'm struggling a bit with this "growing up " thing?
triple*sigh*

So every day since we returned from our Mississippi trip she has asked to get her ears pierced (thanks girls!) and every day I tell her," not yet." I shouldn't be surprised though, I remember doing the same thing when I was 5.
I know getting your ears pierced really isn't that big of a deal, but, in my little world it sure seems like it.
I found this video the other night and considered showing it to her. I know, I am horrible. But, it might buy me a little time!(insert evil laugh) muahhahhahh!  
What do you think?

1 comment:

Mom of three said...

Aww! I will tell you that Ashlynn got her ears pierced when she was nine, but she has already let them grow back together. She said they were too much trouble to take care of. Maybe that might buy you a little time...maybe? They really are cute, though. Miss you terribly!