Friday, September 4, 2009

Melissa and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Remember I told you once about all of the children's books I have? Well, one of them is called, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Basically it's about Alexander and his terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I recently had one of those.

Wednesday Daisy came down with a tummy virus and I found out my computer was indeed, dead. Both of these things happened within 20 minutes of each other.

So, while cleaning baby vomit off of myself and the high chair, and keeping the other 4 away from Daisy, I got a call that the computer hard drive was officially gone. Ohhh, it was not a pretty site at my house! You see, I was pretty devastated because all of those pictures from our recent trip to Mississippi were just loaded onto the computer. Now, they are gone. And I am sad.

I had some great pictures and a few I was looking forward to framing. (not that I am a super photographer, but because they captured special moments.

I would have shared pictures of
my Nanny with all of my babies,
Nanny and "Bud" having a heart to hear talk,
Aunt Judy being dancing with Puddin and the Monkeys,
Aunt Judy being overtaken by Puddin and the Monkeys,
Aunt Sherry with all of my babies after lunch one afternoon,
my dad seeing Bud and Daisy for the first time,
My dad with my kiddos and my 2 nephews,
My Uncle Jeff playing the guitar as Puddin and the Monkey's watched in amazement,
My kiddos jumping on the hotel bed and having a ball,
Puddin and the Monkey's crashed in the bed all snuggled up and sleeping,
Puddin and the Monkeys filthy and asleep in the back of the van after another fun day running around Mississippi.

I had lots to share and now I can't. If I could throw a fit right now I would. It probably doesn't sound like a big deal for a lot of people, but it was for me.
Thankfully, Hubby bought a backup hard drive and is planning to install it tonight so this won't happen again!!

I'm working through this, can you tell?

On another note... Bud got the bug too but he and Daisy are better now. Thankfully it was just a 24 hour thing. So, things are starting to get back to "normal" around here, I guess.

Today we are turning over a new leaf or closing the book on this horrible, no good, very bad, rotten day and looking forward to a great, perfect, very good, happy day!
Wishing you the same too! We're off to Puddin's dance class! See ya!

1 comment:

Katie said...

haha. I came so close twice to titling a blog with that. But my day was so bad I just went on to bed. I am sorry you are having a bad day. I will get better. Now I guess you will have to drive back to MS to get more of those cute pictures.