Friday, March 27, 2009

When It Rains...

ok- so we have lived in our nice "new" house since 2004.(meaning it was new when we built it in 2004... sorry I'm tired and smell like formula and baby poop- any indication of the kindof day it's been here?? trust me- you don't want details!)

back to topic...

So, apparently, most of the materials run out of warranty in 5 years time because in the past 2 weeks our house seems to be falling down around us! Now, let me say- I'm not complaining about our living conditions. We have a beautiful, home. BUT- things do seem to be falling apart around us.
Here is the list I compiled today of all of the repairs that are in need in the past 2 weeks... this doesn't count the touch up painting that is needed, among other things.

1. Door knob to our bedroom broke.... how? I don't know.
2. door knob to the pantry door just pulled right off-today- and needs to be repaired.
3.Garage door suddenly quit working-today... I have to stand on my foot, stick out my tongue, sing my ABC's backwards while I hold down the button continuously to get it to close!!! (ok- not really all of that but it sure feels like it!)
4. Indentions in the dry wall of our living room made by a table corner that was continuously pushed into the wall.
5.refrigerator ice maker... kaput! I walked into the kitchen last night to the sound of running water and found my ice maker shooting water out of the refrigerator... everywhere!
6. Our upstairs, vaulted ceiling is leaking...hole in roof?? who knows!!! but everytime it rains... it pours!

Now, that may not sound like a lot to some of you but add that to the combined 5 children ages 3 and under and the sleepy Momma and you have a lot going on in one house!

Needless to say, when we find a handy man, he's gonna love us!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am so sorry. Apparently our house had the same curse. Our only handy man we know is Matt. If you want him he can try to help you guys.