Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chocked Full of Sweetness!


So for Valentines Day we decided to have a play date. Puddin really wanted some of her best good friends to come over to play. This sounded like harmless good fun! We set the date and invited the friends. Then mommy's wheels started turning of all the fun things we could do! I finally settled on cookie decorating! Since the Monkeys would also be involved I did sort of second guess myself a couple of times but I am so glad I stuck with it! The girls- and the Monkeys- had a great time!

I had already prepared one batch of cookies to cover the down time so we started by rolling out the dough, using cookie cutters and placing them in the pan... this was fun but nothing like the fun they had once this batch was in the oven! After we put these in the oven I pulled out the batch I had cooked earlier so the girls could start decorating! Wow- girls must come with a gene for loving icing! They had a ball decorating these cookies! The Monkey's just enjoyed eating everything in sight!

After everything was decorated we packaged up one cookie for each girls daddy and some freshly baked cookies they could take home and decorate later. Then the girls made a beeline for the princess dresses-Monkeys in tow! It was a fun morning and Puddin and I are looking forward to doing it again!





No comments: